Thursday, July 25, 2019

Your AI Is Watching You



When your phone has a mind of its own.



I do journaling but only for “strange things.”  Strange things started happening when my mother passed in her sleep and vibe in the house changes, as it will someone dies in it, and while events have slowed down there are still incidences that I will continue to document.

One recent example is when I looked at a photographer’s portfolio on Pbase and then a few weeks later one of his photos appeared on my phone.   I have no idea how it got there.  I didn’t view the photographer’s site on my phone, only on my Mac Mini.  I never web surf on my phone.  The phone’s WIFI is off, all the time.  And I only viewed his portfolio, which has about 25 or 30 images on a page and the photo was just one image off that page.  I did not download any of his images, it was just me looking at a page of pictures.  Nor do I interface my phone with the Mac, only my Macbook.  I do not use my desktop to recharge the phone or upload and download apps.  I did not view the portfolio images on my Macbook only on the Mac Mini.  

Another odd thing, in a list of many, is that the image was slightly blurred.  Perhaps the result of a compression routine being used to transmit the image from my computer to the phone?

I have no idea how this happened or the means to how it occurred.  I wondered if it could have been a virus, but then there is the problem of how the image flew thru the air to land on my phone.  I deleted the image, which I now regret, as it would be added proof (for me at least) that this strange event transpired. I routinely check the photographs on my phone from here on so see if other web site images appear.

Was somebody or some three-letter agency running a test? A test that accidentally leaked?  They keep tabs on us bloggers so maybe this was done on the hope I would post an article on the event? If so, it worked.  I assume there is black budget technology and a host of backdoors loaded on these devices. Government surveillance and law enforcement demand it.  I would have not known this happened except I intended to send a picture to a friend and that is when I discovered this image on my phone.  

This is not my only excursion into smart phone strangeness.  On three occasions during using the speech to text translator, my iPhone printed what I was thinking about rather than I said.  

For example, as I was replying to a friend’s text, I had been reminiscing about my grandmother who had passed away over 20 years earlier and the text printed was “grandmother.” Only that one word and nothing of what I spoke.  At the time I suspected there is more to the AI in these devices than has be released to the public.


So beware.  Big AI may be watching you.